- DHPL – shall mean Digital Health Private Limited.
- Doc990 – shall mean a digital platform developed by DHPL enabling customers access to
healthcare services through web, mobile app, 990 call centres and Doc990 partners.
- Doctor – shall mean a doctor who is a licensed medical practitioner registered under the laws
of the Sri Lankan Medical Council.
- Customer – shall mean any individual who is willingly accepting the T&C stated here to obtain
his/her healthcare advice from Doctors partnered with DHPL.
- Doctor Charge – shall mean the professional charges charged by the Doctor from the patient
for the professional services provided.
- Hospital Charge – shall mean the amount charged by the hospital to facilitate the hospital
- Doc990 Service Charge – shall mean the fee charged by DHPL to enable the Customer to
receive his/her healthcare services through Doc990.
- Personal Information – shall mean all personal data provided to Doc990 at the time of
scheduling the appointment.
- Partner – shall mean all Doc990 call centre agents and island wide agents who provide Doc990
- Audio/Video Consultation Service - shall mean the digital call bridging service provided by DHPL which
enables Customers and Doctor to communicate over voice/ video calls at the booked appointment time.
- Audio/Video Consultation Session - shall mean the confirmed appointment between the Customer and the Doctor at
the designated time.
- Mobile App - shall mean the Doc990 Mobile Application.
- NSR Service – shall mean the no show refund service provided by DHPL which entitles
the Customer to request for a refund of the fees paid by the Customer for an appointment (subject to
exceptions stated herein) in the event of the appointment not taking place as scheduled.
- NSR Service Charge – shall mean the fee charged by DHPL for enabling the Customer
to be entitled for the NSR Service.
- Doc990 Sign Up Process – Customers signing up for Doc990 services on the website or
- Ongoing Number Service - shall mean the service provided by DHPL which enables the Customer
to check the number of the patient who is currently being seen by the Doctor.
- Website - shall mean www.doc.lk.
- All customers using Doc990 shall be adjudged to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions
- All terms and conditions provided herein are applicable at the time of obtaining any service via
the Website, Mobile App, hotlines or Partners.
- DHPL has the sole authority to extend / discontinue all offers and promotions without any
- All Customers hereby agree to receive promotional materials/content upon registration or
subscription with Doc990.
- DHPL has the sole authority to deactivate Customer accounts without prior notice in case of fraud or
- DHPL shall not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, inter alia, the quality,
accuracy, completeness, value and integrity of the advice provided by the Doctor.
DHPL shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for:
Customers shall be responsible for the accuracy of Personal Information provided to Doc990, for the purposes of
scheduling the appointment.
DHPL reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time, at its discretion.
Nothing herein expressed or implied is intended to or shall be construed to confer upon or give any person other than the Customer any
rights or remedies against DHPL.
- All healthcare services channelled through Doc990, including but not limited to diagnosis,
prescription and other medical advice provided by hospitals, Doctors and/or any other healthcare
- Any refunds for appointment cancellations by the hospital, Doctor or patient and for no show by
patient, in the event the Customer has not subscribed to NSR Service. Any changes to the scheduled
appointments are not within the control of DHPL and Customers should liaise directly with the respective
hospital, in relation to such matters.
Doc990 service charge is non-refundable under any of above circumstance unless customer has opted for
No Show Refund service.
- All customers who complete the Doc990 Sign Up Process shall be considered as registered customers of Doc990.
- Upon registration the user is solely responsible for the User ID and password and for all
actions/activities/orders/inquiries made on Doc990 while logged in with his/her User ID.
- A User must keep the User ID and password secure at all times.
- We recognize whether a user is accessing the site and using the services by the User ID. Therefore,
the user is responsible for any unauthorized access with his/her User ID and liable for any claims
arising out of or in relation to such use.
- If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity
to this User Agreement.
- You agree to notify Doc990 immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
Doc990 will be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account,
either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Doc990, or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
All Customers who have not completed the Doc990 Sign Up Process will be considered as guest customers.
- All Customers hereby agree to provide all required information when scheduling an appointment
- A Customer’s appointment shall be confirmed upon completion and acceptance of the
For all reserved appointments, Customers shall make the remaining payment 30 minutes prior to
the scheduled appointment, via any eZ cash merchants island wide.
Reserved appointments which have not been paid in full as stated above, will be cancelled 30 minutes
prior to the scheduled appointment.
Customers are required provide the booking reference number to the hospital when arriving for the
Appointment time provided to Customers by Doc990 is an approximate time and may change due to
circumstances beyond the control of Doc990.
The Customer should provide an email address when scheduling appointments in order to receive digital
receipts. Alternatively, the Customer can visit the “My Bookings” feature on the Website, Mobile App or
request digital receipts via the e – mail address email@example.com
- Doctor’s charge
- Hospital charge
- Doc990 service charge &
- all applicable government taxes and levies.
- DHPL’s responsibility is solely limited to connecting the Medical Professional and the Customer to
start a Audio/Video Consultation Session.
- The Audio/Video Consultation Session shall not be confirmed until the Customer’s payment is accepted by the system
and confirmed to the Customer. The Audio/Video Consultation Session shall be confirmed upon the complete payment
of the Medical Professional’s charge, Doc990 service charge and all government taxes and levies
applicable to the Audio/Video Consultation Service.
- The Customer is responsible to have the necessary technical capacity, device and
connectivity at the time of appointment to have a successful Audio/Video Consultation Session.
- The Medical Professional have the right to accept or reject the Customers’ appointments
at their discretion. In the event where a Medical Professional rejects the appointment,
DHPL will refund the total payment to the Customer.
- DHPL or the Medical Professional is not responsible for the unavailability of the Customer or the
Customer not being able to accept the voice/video call at the time of the Audio/Video Consultation Session.
- In the event the Customer is unable to complete the Audio/Video Consultation Session due to technical failures from
the Customer’s end and cannot connect the voice/video call within the time slot allocated, the booked
Audio/Video Consultation Session will be terminated. In such event, the Customer will not be entitled for a refund.
- The Customer hereby agrees to conduct themselves professionally with the Medical Professional at all
times and shall refrain from using any unprofessional, improper, abusive, obscene or threatening language.
- Delays by the Medical Professional - DHPL shall not be liable in the event of delays by the Medical
Professional and no refunds or cancelation will be made by DHPL in such an instance.
- In the case of an Audio/Video Consultation Session cancellation by the Medical Professional, DHPL shall arrange
refunds or reschedule the Audio/Video Consultation Session based on the Medical Professional’s discretion.
- DHPL disclaims all liability for any advice given by the Medical Professional to the Customer.
- The Audio/Video Consultation Service is only a pre/post consultation service and is NOT a substitute or an alternate
to a physical consultation.
- The Customer hereby consents for DHPL to disclose Personal Information provided by the Customer to the Medical
Professional if requested. At the request of the Medical Professional, DHPL shall provide the Customer’s Personal
Information to the Medical Professional in order to facilitate a successful Audio/Video Session.
- The Customer hereby agrees that he/she will not use Audio/Video Consultation Service at times of emergency.
- DHPL shall not under any circumstance disclose personal information of Medical Professional to the Customer.
- DHPL is responsible only for providing technical assistance to fulfil the Audio/Video Consultation Session and is not
responsible for the progress of the Audio/Video Consultation Session. This is entirely dependent upon the Medical
Professional and the Customer.
- To obtain digital receipts, the Customer should provide an email address when fixing the Audio/Video Consultation Session
via the Website, Mobile App or Doc990 partner. Alternatively, the Customer can visit the “My Bookings” feature
on the Doc990 web page, mobile app or they can request via
- Nothing herein expressed or implied is intended to or shall be construed to confer upon or give any person other
than the Customer any rights or remedies against DHPL.
- DHPL reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time at its discretion.
- Customers shall be eligible for the specified refunds only if Customer has opted for the NSR Service when
scheduling appointments via Doc990.
- Customers who have subscribed to the NSR Service will be eligible to request for refunds under the NSR Service
in the event of the cancellation of an appointment by a Medical Professional or the Hospital or if the Customer
is unable to be present for the appointment at the scheduled time.
- Customers eligible for the NSR Service should submit the refund requests before the time of the scheduled
- DHPL will arrange the refunds within three (03) working days from the date of submission of the accurate refund
request to any local banks.
- Customers can submit the refund requests via Doc990 Website/Mobile App or by calling
DHPL hotline via 011 7 990 990.
NSR service Charge is non-refundable. However, refunds will be arranged only for the following components
of the charges collected by Doc990:
Customers are responsible for submitting accurate details to process the refund including, but not limited to,
information related to the bank account details.
All NSR requests are subject to verification process by DHPL.
All refunds to Customers will be arranged only in the form of cash deposit to the Customer’s bank account or
bill payments / top ups against the phone number used to schedule the appointment.
- Hospital charge
- Doctor charge
- Applicable Taxes and Levies on Doctor and Hospital charge
- Doc990 Service charge
- Ongoing Number Service charge
- The Customer is required to check the ongoing number by accessing the 'My Bookings' feature on the Website or
the Mobile App.
- DHPL shall not be responsible for the accuracy of the ongoing number displayed on the Website or the Mobile App.
The accuracy and completeness of the ongoing number would be dependent on the information entered in to the
system by hospital during the session.
- The Customers are entitled to check the ongoing number a maximum of ten (10) times through the 'My Bookings'
feature on the Website or the Mobile App once the session is in progress.
- The charge for the Ongoing Number Service is non-refundable, unless the Customer has subscribed for the No Show
- During promotional periods, which will be informed to the Customers, the Ongoing Number Service may be provided
free of charge to all Customers accessing the Website and the Mobile App.
- Nothing herein expressed or implied is intended to or shall be construed to confer upon or give any person other than the Customer
any rights or remedies against DHPL.
Below mentioned services are carried out by DHPL in partnership with institutions stated. The terms and conditions applicable
for each service, are available at the links provided below:
- Usage of Doc990 is restricted to persons who have the capacity to contract under Sri Lankan law.
- Persons who do not have capacity to contract under the Sri Lankan Law are prohibited from using Doc990
- We retain our right to refuse to provide access/services to any such person not having the capacity
to contract under Sri Lankan Law and the right to terminate the account of any such person.
If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the
entity to this User Agreement.
By using Doc990 you acknowledge and agree that you are prohibited from using Doc990 for any of the following purposes
- To disseminate any unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, pornographic,
pedophilic, racially and ethnically objectionable or otherwise objectionable material
- To transmit material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise
breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice
- To host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on Doc990 that belong to Doc990 or
any third party and to which you do not have any right
To harm minors in any way
To deceive or mislead the addressee about the origin of any message or to communicate any information which is grossly
offensive or menacing in nature
To impersonate another person
To use software viruses/corrupt data or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit
the functionality of any computer resource including Doc990
To threaten the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of Sri Lanka, friendly relations with foreign states, or
public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is
insulting any other nation
To violate or attempt to violate the integrity or security of Doc990 or its content
To transmit any information (including job posts, messages and hyperlinks) on or through Doc990 that is disruptive or
competitive to the provision of services by us
To intentionally submit on Doc990 any incomplete, false or inaccurate information
To use Doc990 to make any unsolicited communications to other users of Doc990
To use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (such as spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents)
to navigate or search Doc990
To copy or duplicate in any manner any of the content on Doc990; and
To engage in framing or hot linking or deep linking any content on Doc990
To use the site and the services by children under the age of 13
Unless otherwise specified in writing, to use services for your personal and non- commercial use.
Copy, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, otherwise attempt to discover the source code, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce,
publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, software, products or services obtained through the Site or the services
Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels
Violate any applicable local, national or international law, rule or regulation or use the Site and/or the services for any purpose that
Manipulate or otherwise display the Site and/or the services by using framing or similar navigational technology
Register, subscribe or unsubscribe any party for any Doc990 service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so
Use the Site or the services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair Doc990’s servers or networks, or
interfere with any other user's use and enjoyment of the Site and/or the services
Gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Site, services, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to
Doc990 through hacking, password mining or any other means
Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site or
the services or harvest or otherwise collect information about other users without their consent
Use the site in any manner that could damage, disparage, or otherwise negatively impact Doc990. In addition, WITHOUT LIMITING THE
GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCING ANY SERVICES, PROGRAMS, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY DOC990
TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.
We have the sole discretion to determine and restrict the services made available to a User. The Users will be notified of such restrictions.
We further retain the right to prohibit the provision of any services to any User at our discretion.
- By using Doc990 you acknowledge and agree that the contents of Doc990, are for your general information only and are subject to
change without notice. The medical or surgical information/solutions/consultations are given by a panel of registered and
experienced medical doctors in Sri Lanka, with good intentions to help the public. The medical or surgical
information/solutions/consultations provided via Doc990 only provide professional guidance and are not in any way intended
to be a substitute for more elaborate professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your
physician or a Specialist regarding any further queries you may have regarding a medical or surgical condition.
- By using Doc990 you further acknowledge and agree to not ignore professional medical advice or delay in seeking medical or
surgical treatment because of any guidelines given by Doc990 or article you have read on our site or blog. If you think you may
have a medical emergency, you should take necessary steps to obtain necessary medical attention. Dependence on the medical
or surgical information/solutions/consultations of our site is solely at your own risk and we take no responsibility for
any adverse consequences resulting from such dependence.
- The medical or surgical information/solutions/consultations provided online, email, chat, SMS, phone call or any other mean
via Doc990 shall not be considered as diagnosis of any sickness and shall not in any way used to prescribe medicines or
treatments for sickness. This service will be strictly limited to medical or surgical information/solutions/consultations
provided for general information of its Users by professionally qualified and experienced medical doctors in Sri Lanka.
Moreover medical or surgical information/solutions/consultations provided online, email, chat, SMS, phone call or any
other mean via Doc990 do not guarantee that the advice are from the specialist in that particular field.
- No person reading this site, or contents within it, or using the responses by this website or blog via online, email, chat, phone
call or any other mean should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information contained in this website or on the
basis of any medical or surgical information/solutions/consultations provided without seeking appropriate medical or other
professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue.
Although we have taken all care and precaution to try and provide accurate data and information, we do not represent that Doc990
or any content, service or feature of the website will be error free, or that it will meet any particular criteria of accuracy,
completeness or reliability of information, performance and/or quality. We do not give any warranty, express or implied, in
relation to the operation of Doc990 website.
- Users can obtain a number of services such as Doctor Channelling, Audio/Video Consultation service, medicine delivery, lab service through a
“pay per use” facility.
- Registration: The users who avail of the services of Doc990 will be able to register on the Website & App free of any charges.
Those who are registered on the Website or App will be able to keep their medical records online and view/ edit when necessary for free.
- However, after registration at the Website/App, other than the benefits and services given at the time of initial registration, all
other services including Consultations, shall be provided for a fee charged by Doc990. If you wish to obtain the services of Doc990
after registration (other than services specified in Clause 1 above) you shall be required to pay the fee prescribed by Doc990.
- Changes to any of the Charges or fees prescribed for the services of Doc990 or any new or additional fees made introduced or made applicable
for the services of Doc990 shall be determined at the sole discretion of Doc990 and may be subject to change from time to time at the sole
discretion of the Management Team of Doc990 and the Users shall be given adequate notice of such charges or fees or changes to such charges of fees.
- Doc990 Daily Care package is only for Dialog & Hutch customers. If there is any due from the customer, the due amount will be subsequently
charged up-to 30 days.
- The Doc990 health & wellness package fees are non-refundable and your package will be automatically deactivated on the package expiry date.
Daily Care & Monthly Care customers are eligible to deactivate the package anytime, but the charges will not be refunded.
- All materials constituting the content of Doc990 is owned by Doc990 and/or third party and/or licensed to Doc990. Such material includes,
but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, information, text, trademarks, service marks, pictures, photographs, graphics,
interfaces and arrangement of the content. Copying, reproduction, uploading, posting and/or using such material in any other form are
strictly prohibited without written permission from Doc990
- All trademarks reproduced in Doc990, which are not the property of, or licensed to Doc990, are acknowledged on Doc990.
- Sri Lankan Intellectual Property Act No. 36 of 2003 applies to the content of Doc990 in relation to the intellectual property rights
owned by Doc990 and all material and information displayed, transmitted or carried on Doc990 are protected under and in terms of
the provisions of Intellectual Property Act No. 36 of 2003. Any intellectual properties owned by third parties that appear in Doc990
are protected by relevant laws applicable to such intellectual properties.
- Use of any material or content of Doc990 without authorization may give rise to a claim for damages and/or criminal charges.
- Any links to other websites referred to in Doc990 are provided only for your convenience and do not in any way represent that Doc990
endorse those websites. Doc990 takes no responsibility for the content and operation of any of those sites.
- Creating a link from another website to Doc990 is prohibited without written permission from Doc990.
- Neither Doc990 nor its, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents or sponsors are responsible or liable to you or anyone
else for any loss or injury or damages under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to
- The use of or inability to use the site and/or the services;
- Any content contained on the site and/or the services;
- Statements or conduct posted or made publicly available on the site and/or the services;
- Any service purchased or obtained through the site and/or services;
- Any action taken in response to or as a result of any information available on the site and/or services;
- Any damage caused by loss of access to, deletion of, failure to store, failure to back up, or alteration of any content on the site and/or services; or
- Any other matter relating to the site and/or the services. In no event shall the total liability of doc990 to you for any and all damages, losses,
and causes of action exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for using the site and/or services.